Many times you might have got frustrated by some annoying viewers on twitch. For some viewers, it’s just fun to send strange messages to users but for some viewers, it might be very frustrating. So if you too are facing the issues, you can just block the user. check How to Block Someone on Twitch
Is It Possible to Block People on Twitch?
If you find someone annoying on Twitch, it will a great idea that you just get rid of them. One of the best methods to get rid of them is blocking them. Yes, you can do this on Twitch also. On Twitch you can block some chat members but to block the streamers is quite a difficult task. You can easily block unwanted streams, games, and videos but not a streamer.
How Can You Block a User on Twitch?
There are many ways by which you can block users on Twitch if you are a streamer. You can block a user from your mobile device and also using your computer. Let’s understand the process.
Block a User on Twitch Using a Stream Chat
- First of all, you have to open Twitch in your internet browser. You can do this by entering twitch.tv into the address bar of your browser and hit enter on your keyboard.
- Login to your account by tapping on the login button that you will find in the top right corner. Enter your correct username and password to sign in. This necessary if you want to block a user.
- You have to open a channel that you wish to watch within your home feed. You can tap on the browse button that you will see on the top left side and see all the live channels on the list.
- Then, you can find the stream chat that is on the side of the live video. You will see it on the right-hand side of the page.
- Now you have to find the user whom you want to block. Just tap on their username in the stream chat. This way you can easily open their profile in a pop-up window.
- Tap on the three vertical dots against the user’s profile window. You will option in the drop-down menu.
- Now from the options, you can tap on the block option. By tapping on the block option, you will be able to clock the user and all messages will be hidden from the live chat.
- In the next window, you will see a block option that you have to tap to confirm the blocking process.
This way you can easily block a user on Twitch using the stream chat.
Also Read: How To Fix Twitch Black Screen?
Block a User on Twitch Using Username Search
- Open twitch on your browse by visiting www.twitch.tv.
- Then you have to enter your credentials to log in to the account. You have to log in if you want to block a user.
- Now you have to tap on the option search to add friends that you will see on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Enter a username in the field that you want to block and tap on the user from the list whom you want to block.
- There you will see the settings option on the right side next to the cross icon. Just tap on the settings icon. This will open a pop-up with options.
- There you have to block the user from the drop-down menu. By doing this you block the user from adding, hosting, and messaging you unwantedly.
These two methods can be used to block a user from twitch. You can any of them as both of them are proven to bring the results.