Changing primary email on PayPal is quite easy if you know the right process. The process may take a long time to complete in case you are not ready with the steps.
What is the Primary Email Address?
While you can have numerous email addresses on your PayPal account, the primary email address is the one to get installments and notices from PayPal. You won’t have the option to alter or eliminate your primary email address while it’s doled out.
On the off chance that you need to utilize an alternate email address to get installments and warnings, you’ll have to add and affirm that email address in your record first, and afterward, make it your primary email address.
How to Change Primary Email on PayPal on Desktop If You Have a Personal Account?
In case you are having a personal account and you are using a desktop to use PayPal, here are the steps that you need to follow to change the primary email address.
- As an initial step, you have to sign in to your PayPal account.
- After that, you will need to tap on the settings icon that you will see on the top right corner.
- In the middle right section, you will see the email section. You have to tap on the + icon in the section.
- Now you will need to enter the new email address that you want to make your new primary email.
- After that, you have to tap on the add email
- Now, the email is successfully added to your account but it will be considered unconfirmed. You have to confirm the email before you will move forward to make it the primary email.
- Then, you will have to go to your new email’s inbox and wait for the confirmation email from PayPal.
- When you find the email, you have to open it and tap on the link to confirm the email address.
- You have to then go back to the settings page and tap on the update option that you see next to the email address.
- Then, you have to check the box that is seen next to the option to make this my primary email for receiving notification.
- Finally, you will have to tap on the change email.
This way you have successfully changed the primary email using the desktop.
Also Read: How to Delete Your PayPal Account?
How to Change Primary Email on PayPal on Desktop If You Have a Business Account?
Follow the below steps if you want to change the primary email in your PayPal business account.
- Sign in to your PayPal account and then tap on the setting option that you will see on the right side of the page.
- You will see a drop-down many, you have to select the option for your profile.
- In the email section on the right side, you will have to select update
- You will see all the emails that are linked to your Business PayPal account. You have to tap on the + icon there to add a new email.
- On the next page, you have to add a new email and tap on the add email
- Then, you have to confirm the email before making it the primary one.
- Go to your inbox and you will see a confirmation mail. You have to click on the confirmation link to confirm the email address.
- Then go back to the email address page and there you e to tap on the edit option next to the email that you want to make the primary one.
- Finally, tap on the check and tap on the change email
This way you have successfully changed the primary email of your business PayPal account.