For the new Roku models, the WiFi network is very important to get connected to a network. Usually, you use a remote to use the Roku and connect it to the internet. If you want to connect Roku to WiFi without a remote, that would become quite tricky. But you can make it possible though. If you know the WiFi network name and the password, you can easily set up a mobile hotspot on your phone. It will help you create a WiFi access point to connect your Roku. To complete the task, you will need two mobile phones. One mobile device will act as a mobile hotspot and the other one will act as your Roku remote.
Before starting the process, you must be sure that you have installed the Roku app on your phone that you will be used as a remote for Roku. You can easily download the application both on Android and iOS.
Connect Roku to WiFi Using a Mobile Hotspot
You must note that not all mobile plans include hotspot access. So before moving forward and use the mobile hotspot option, you must check the wireless service plan. Below are the steps that will help you connect your Roku to WiFi without a remote using a mobile hotspot.
- First of all, you have to open settings on your phone and tap on the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Then, you should tap on the option set up a mobile hotspot in order to open the hotspot menu.
- After that, you will see a prompt message that will ask you to continue to the next menu after you see the mobile data usage notice. Here you have to tap on OK to move forward.
- Now using the set up mobile hotspot menu, you have to add the WiFi network information that you have saved on your Roku device. Here you will need to enter the network name and then scroll down and enter the password.
- Now just save the new mobile hotspot that you have created.
- Finally, you will need to review the settings and instructions to connect it. Then you have to tap OK to make the mobile hotspot active.
Must Read: How to Fix Spectrum App Not Working On Roku?
How You Can Use Your Mobile Device as Roku Remote?
If you have the Roku app on your mobile device, you can easily control your Roku device. Yost must make sure that the device and app are using the same network. Let’s know the steps to use your mobile device like a Roku remote.
- First of all, you have to open the Roku application on your phone.
- Now, tap on the Remote icon that you will see at the bottom of the screen to open the remote.
- The remote in the app will be as same as the real Roku remote. You can easily use the keys as you use in the hardware remote for Roku.
- You can easily change the remote layouts as your wish by changing the setting from the remote settings menu.
Update WiFi Settings on Roku without a Remote
You can easily update the WiFi settings on Roku without a remote with the below-given steps.
- You have to connect a second mobile device with the mobile hotspot and then you have to open the Roku app.
- Now you should go to the network settings using the Roku mobile app.
- Then you have to change the network settings in order to get in with the new WiFi network that you will use with the Roku.
- Now just toggle off the mobile hotspot and then connect the phone to the new WiFi network you are using for Roku.
While doing the process you should use the Roku app as a real remote for Roku. This was all about connecting Roku with WiFi without a remote.