PlayStation 4 is a gaming console that permits various other users to set themselves in the system. So if you are about to delete other users and but confused about the process to do so, here are the methods for you to delete a user on PlayStation 4.
How to Delete User Profile & Account on PS4?
Step 1: First of all, you have to turn on your PS4 and enter the login credentials that you enter always. Make sure that you signed in as the console’s primary user to delete other accounts.
Step 2: Now go to the settings. You have to push the left joystick in order to see the options menu. Then, you have to continue using the left joystick and scroll right until you see the icon of a toolbox that shows a cross sign. You have to press it to select the toolbox.
Step 3: Now open the login settings under the user management option from the settings menu. Here you have look and tap on Delete user
Step 4: Then, just scroll down and see the user whom you want to delete. Then tap on the cross button to delete them. You will be asked to confirm the deletion, just tap on ok.
Step 5: In case you want to delete the primary account, the PS4 has to be initialized. Now you have to click on the delete option and you will be asked to confirm the deleting process. This will restore the console to factory settings. If you don’t back up any data, you will lose it permanently.
Step 6: If you want to back up your data, you have to go to the settings and then to application saved data management. Then tap on the option saved data in system storage. Now select cloud in order to save it to the cloud and USB storage if you want to save the data to a USB device. Now choose the game and app that you want to back up and tap on the Copy option.
Step 7: Finally, you have to log out and log back into the PS4, if you don’t see the user on the options screen, it means that you have successfully deleted the user from the system.
How to Delete Multiple Users on PS4?
- Start with turning on your PS4 and enter the login information as you enter always. You should be signed in as the console’s primary user if you want to delete a user from the system.
- Now go to the settings. You have to push the left joystick in order to see the options menu. Then, you have to continue using the left joystick and scroll right until you see the icon of a toolbox that shows a cross sign. You have to press it to select the toolbox.
- Now you have to open the initialization screen. You have scroll down from the settings menu and see the initialization option. From the options tap on Initialise PSS4 and then choose the full option. Then you will need to follow the next instructions as shown in the console.
- This way the PS4 will be reset to factory settings. This process will delete the data and file that you have not backed up. If you don’t want to lose the file or data, you can take back up of them as shown in the previous method.
- The complete factory reset process will take a few hours. You should not turn off the PS4 if the process is going on. Otherwise, you will face some serious damage.