Created and distributed by Epic Games, Fortnite is one of the most famous survival games known in the fight royale class. Correspondence with your crew during the game is a significant part of the ongoing interaction. Upset correspondence brings about misconception and can even bring about losing the match. This is the reason the voice talk framework in group games is so significant. Be that as it may, as of late there have been reports of Fortnite mic not working.
This error can be very frustrating while you are playing the game. And, yes you can solve the problem on your own.
Why Fortnite Mic Not Working?
Some common problems that result with Fortnite mic not working error can be the following.
- You might not have selected the proper device.
- It might be possible that because of the updates, the registry has been changed.
- The settings of the controller might have been wrong.
Now as you know the causes of Fortnite Mic Now Working, you should also know the solutions that will fix the error. So let’s begin.
How to Fix Fortnite Mic Not Working?
Below are some fixes that will help you solve the Fortnite mic not working issue. You can follow them one by one and check if they work for you.
Restart Windows Audio Service
You can try restarting the windows audio service to solve the error.
- You have to press the Windows logo key and R key simultaneously and it will open the Run box.
- You have to typeservices.msc in the box and tap on the Ok option.
- Now you have to find the windows audio, then right and tap on the restart option.
- Then close the service window and relaunch the Fortnite if the mic is working for you.
Update the Audio Driver
An outdated audio driver can also be the reason you are facing the issue. So you have to update your audio drivers. You can do it manually and automatically, both ways.
To update the driver manually, you have to visit the hardware manufacturer’s website to see the latest version of the driver that will suit your audio device. And to update the driver automatically, you have to keep some patience. You have to keep track of the updates and when you see them just install the updates. Then just restart the computer and check if the problem is still there.
Must Read: 07 Best Alternatives for PUBG
Set Microphone as Default Device
You can also solve the issue by just setting the microphone as the default recording device.
- You have to disable the voice chat and then close it.
- Now right-click on the volume icon and then chose sounds.
- Now you have to tap on the recording tab.
- Then just right click on the device and tap on set as the default device.
- Then, you have to disable all the other input devices.
All Apps to Access the Mic
You should also check if Fortnite is able to access your microphone or not.
- You have to go to the settings of your PC.
- Now select the privacy option.
- Then, you have to click on the Microphone option.
- Now you have to tap on the change button and you will be able to check that your mic is on. You have to make sure that all apps to access your microphone option id enabled.
- In that section, you have to choose which apps can access your microphone and just make sure that Fortnite is turned on.
- Now just check if the mic is working in Fortnite or not.
These were some fixes that will help you solve the Fortnite mic not working error.