Google Play Services is one of the most significant pieces of Android. It associates everything together and holds everything there. A large number of your applications use Google Play Services regularly. But many times you see that the Google play services stop working properly and this is when you need to fix the error.
Why Is Google Play Services Keeps Stopping?
Generally, this happens because of bad software and bad network issue. Sometimes the problem arises due to outdated versions of the services or maybe the caches are creating problems. All these problems are easily solvable. So you need not get fear about this issue. Let’s now talk about the fixes that you must know to solve the error.
How To Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping?
Don’t worry, if you face an error with your Google play services, you can easily solve it on your own. The steps are very simple. So, let’s begin.
Restart Your Device
This is a quite common method to solve any problem arising in your devices. All you need to do is just turn off and on again your mobile device. This may fix the issue you are facing. To restart your phone, you have to do the following:
- Just press and hold the power button of your device. You will see that the shutdown menu will appear there on the screen.
- You have to next choose the power down icon from the options.
- This will shut down the device. Then, you have to switch the device by simply pressing and holding back the power button.
- Now you can open your play store and see if the problem has been resolved or not.
Update Play Store and Google Services
One big reason for the error in google services can be because of the outdated version of the app. So the next fix that you should try is to update your Google play store and services.
- Open your phone’s Google play store.
- Then you have to tap on the menu button that is located at the top left corner of the menu screen. You can see the option as three horizontal lines.
- Now tap on the apps & games option and you will see a list of pending updates.
- You need to get the latest version of Google services and download it.
- Then go back and see the settings option, There you will see the play store version option, tap and it and you will see if any update is available or not. If you see any updates pending, just download them.
- Then, you can log out from google play store and sign in again and restart your device. Then see if everything is working properly or not.
Check Your Internet Connection
Poor Internet can be a big reason for getting Google play services to keep stopping error. Sometimes, you just don’t get the notification and you see that your download may fail in the middle of the process. This all happens because your network is poor. You can solve this by just looking at the network settings or just off and on again the mobile or WiFi data.
Change Time and Date
Sometimes google services show an error if the time and date are not set properly.
- Open Settings on your phone and then tap on the System option from the menu.
- Tap on the date & time from the options.
- Now check if you have not enabled automatic date & time or not by the network provider.
- If you set the time manually you can off the network provided time option and you will see that time and date option will appear there. Set them to the accurate time.
- Now restart your device and see everything is working fine or not.
You should remove the cache memory and data from the app. Cash will also play a big role in creating errors in your application. So you should keep removing them from time to time.
These were the method that you must try to solve google play services keeps stopping. Hope this article helped you in finding the solution to your problem.