When you make an account on any social media channel, picking a good username is very important. But sometimes you pick a name that you don’t like after some days. This happens many time with those who use TikTok as your username on TikTok is plastered on every video you make on the social media channel.
The process to change your username on TikTok is very easy and you can always go and change your username on TikTok with the help of the settings menu. It will only take a few clicks on your phone. But one thing that you should consider is that you can only change your TikTok username once every month and two users never share a single username, so it should be unique. Make sure when you change a username on TikTok, you should plan for the name and type it correctly.
Is it Possible to Change the Username on TikTok?
Yes, it is possible to change your username on TikTok. If you don’t like the username that is existing with your TikTok profile, you can always change it by going to your profile settings. The process stake a few seconds and the new username will be displayed as soon you change it on the profile settings section.
How to Change Your Username on TikTok?
Below you will get to know the complete process by which you can change your username to TikTok and set up the new one that you like. The changes username then will be displayed with every video of yours.
- First of all, you have to open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Then, you have to log in using your correct credentials.
- Now, you should move to the main menu and choose the option Me that you can see in the right corner of the bottom of the screen.
- There, you have to tap on Edit profile
- Then from the page, you have to select the Username option.
- Now, you have to delete your old username and enter the new username that you have already planned.
- Finally, you have to tap on the save option and the changes you have made will be saved.
Many times, you will face that the username that you have selected is not available with them, and the notification will shows regarding this after you tap on the save option. In such case, you have go back to the username section and try again with another username.
Also Read: How to Block Someone on TikTok?
Why Usernames Are Important?
Your usernames can be utilized to construct a whole profile about you. At that point, this data can be utilized for a wide range of purposes, from generally kindhearted ones like promoting efforts to tremendously malevolent ones like a fraud.
One investigation had the option to find genuine personalities 42% of the time by essentially cross-referring to usernames. How? Nerds are shrewd! As are cybercriminals. Absent a lot of trouble, they can catch data from gatherings and sites you have a place with, and perhaps even access your program history.
Regularly this information additionally prompts your interpersonal interaction locales, which gives them practically all else they require, including hints to your passwords. Interpersonal organizations are additionally where a lot of social designing beginnings on the grounds that hacking individuals is simpler for cybercriminals than hacking innovation.
Tips To use a Good Username
- You should never use your full name as a username.
- Your phone number and address should not be your username.
- It is not a good option to use your email username.
- Never use a username that has a link with the password.
- Choose your username that suits your profile, if it’s for personal or business use.
So, this was all about changing your Tiktok username, the process was quite simple and you can anytime change it by going in the profile settings. Only make sure that you can change in once every 30 days. So choose wisely.