Whenever you sign up for a Microsoft account, you are assigned with a Gamertag. It’s nothing but your change personality in the Xbox world. It’s produced using an assumed name, a discretionary symbol or picture called a gamerpic, and a touch of information to speak to you when you’re messing around and offering to others in the Xbox people group. It is just a nickname why which the other player can identify you.
By the time there are chances that you might not like your Gamertag, but there is nothing to worry about as you can change the Xbox Gamertag for free. If you are not aware of the process to change the Gamertag, here is the complete procedure below. Just have a look.
How to Change Xbox Gamertag?
Gamertag is assigned to you when you first sign in to the Xbox app. If you don’t like the Gamertag, you can anytime change it. You must follow the correct procedure to do so. Here you have the step by step procedure to change the Xbox Gamertag.
- First of all, you have to go to the home menu of Xbox one.
- Then, just press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Now you have to go to the system tab that you see on the right side of the menu.
- Look for the settings and press the A button.
- In the left-hand menu, you will see the personalization option, you have to tap on it.
- Then go to the right-hand menu and tap on my profile option and press A.
- Now again you have to tap on customize profile and press A.
- Then move the cursor up to your Gamertag and press A.
- From this option, you can choose a new Gamertag from the list of the suggestion given. You can also type in a new one using the controller.
- If the Gamertag that you have entered is not used by somebody else, it will be available to you and you will receive a confirmation.
- You have to then, tap on the confirm option and press A to complete the process.
Also Read: How To Get Hulu On Xbox One?
How Many Time You Can Change Your Xbox Gamertag?
Microsoft is extending its Xbox Gamertag framework to permit players to pick any name they need. The product producer is utilizing a comparative framework to what in particular is utilized on Steam, Discord, or Battle.net, and it will mean Xbox Live Gamertags will incorporate a # number after them in the event that they’ve just been taken.
The whole structure is changed, and up to 12 characters can be utilized for the new Gamertag framework. On the off chance that you lean toward your current Gamertag, at that point, you don’t have to transform it, and you won’t get a number added to the furthest limit of your name.
The Gamertag on Xbox can be changed for free if you do it for one time. But in case if you want to change the Gamertag more than once, you have to pay the charges that are $9.99 for one time you change it.
In case the Gamertag you are using contains some kind of abusive, harmful, or bad sign or language, Microsoft will change your Gamertag and you will not be given any prior notice.
This was all about changing a Gamertag on Xbox. You can flow the above-given procedure and change the Gamertag anytime you want.