Twitter is a ‘microblogging’ framework that allows you to send and get short posts called tweets. Tweets can be up to 140 characters long and can incorporate connections to significant sites and assets. Twitter clients follow different clients. In the event that you follow somebody, you can see their tweets in your Twitter timeline. You can decide to follow individuals and associations with comparative scholarly and individual interests to you. You can make your own tweets, or you can retweet data that has been tweeted by others. Retweeting implies that data can be shared rapidly and effectively with an enormous number of individuals.Check here How To Delete Twitter Account or deactivate it in 2021
How Do I Delete My Twitter Account?
Whatever may be the uses of the Twitter platform, if you have decided to delete the account and just want to know the process about how to delete the Twitter account, here are the clear steps that will help you in deleting the Twitter account easily.
How to Delete Twitter Account from Desktop?
You can delete the Twitter account using Desktop too. Here are the steps.
- First of all, open your Twitter account on your Desktop.
- Then see the profile icon and tap on it.
- From the drop-down option, you have to tap on the settings and privacy
- From the account tab, you will need to tap on the deactivate your account
- Scroll to the bottom, and you will see your deactivate button; just tap on it.
- You will require to enter your password. Enter the password and tap on Deactivate account It will confirm your request to deactivate the account.
This way, you have successfully deactivated your Twitter account from Desktop.
How to Delete Twitter Account from iPhone and Android Phone?
Below you will get to know the complete process of deleting your Twitter account using your iPhone and Android phone. Here are the steps.
- Open your Twitter account on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Then just tap on the profile icon on the top left-hand corner.
- From the options, just tap on settings and privacy
- From the settings and privacy page, you have to tap on the account
- Scroll to the bottom, and you will see deactivate your account Just tap on it.
- You have to scroll to the bottom and tap on deactivate
This way, you have deactivated your Twitter account from your iPhone.
As you deactivate your Twitter account, you will no longer see your display name, username, and public profile on twitter.com, Twitter for iOS, or Twitter for Android.
Difference between Deleting & Deactivating Your Twitter Account?
There is actually a simple difference between deactivating your account and permanently deleting your account. When you deactivate your Twitter account, Twitter deletes your complete data from the site. The information will be there on the site for 30 days. If you want, you can easily reactivate your account within 30 days. But in case you do not reactivate your account in 30 days, Twitter will permanently delete your account from the site, and you will no longer be able to reactivate your account again.
Things You Should Know Before Deleting Your Twitter Account
There are few facts that you should know before you delete your Twitter account.
- In case you accidentally deactivated your account, you can reactivate it anytime, but it should be done within 30 days of deactivation.
- After the deletion of the Twitter account, there will be some information still available on search engines like Google or Bing.
- In case you just want to change your username, there is no need to deactivate your account; you can easily edit from your Twitter settings.
- If you want to use your current username and email address for a new Twitter account, you should change both from the current account before deleting it.