Hey folks, Microsoft Teams is a communication platform you can use for Chat, Calling, Meetings, and Collaboration. For the most part, it is utilized by organizations and people dealing with ventures. Microsoft Teams is accessible for macOS, Windows and Linux working frameworks accessible at this point.
What are the useful features of Microsoft Teams?
Here are some hand-picked top Microsoft Teams features you must be interested in.
- Teams incorporate flawlessly with Office 365, which is great in case you’re now using that for your business. The Office 365 applications that get used each day in your work environment like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and Outlook are completely coordinated into Microsoft Teams.
- You can commit chat channels to specific points which makes it far simpler and bound to continue informing on a subject and resolve issues quicker without interruption.
- You’ll have less mess in your inbox as brief, brisk inquiries get settled over Teams chat, instead of a possible considerable delay for an email reply.
- Teams furnish you with access to Office 365 applications inside the one room, letting you work all the more effectively. Access records and archives in OneDrive and SharePoint, in addition to making calls and lead video conferences legitimately from Teams.
- You can finish work continuously with your associates as you chat together, and take a shot at documents through Teams, as opposed to alternating messaging refreshes. Get free from numerous versions of everything.
- Teams have the exhaustive web interface, yet you can work together in a hurry, or answer partner inquiries from a remote place, using the mobile apps.
- Security is one more feature where Microsoft Teams lifts itself above contenders as it tweaks your groups to be private or openly accessible for different clients inside your business who have been assigned an Office 365 account.
- You can even invite chat users from outside your association utilizing their immediate email. They will be labeled as ‘guest’ clients, and this is an extraordinary function for communicating with merchants or other outsiders.
- You can use the search function in Microsoft Teams to handily discover significant data from past discussions or documents.
- Teams show chats as threads, so you can undoubtedly follow the progression of conversation without getting lost.
There are many more features, now let’s look into the process of installing Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu.
How to Install Microsoft Teams from Command Line?
In order to install Microsoft Teams, you have to add Microsoft teams package to your PC. Along with that, there might be a tool ‘curl’ that will fetch the repository file.
Step 1: Open the terminal using ctrl+alt+t and then click on run.
Step 2: After installing the curl you can add Microsoft teams package repository by the help of the command curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | sudo apt-key add – sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams stable main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/teams.list’
Step 3: Now, update the package list by running the command sudo apt update
Step 4: Finally, install the Microsoft teams by running the command sudo apt install teams
You have successfully installed the Microsoft Teams on your Ubuntu. Teams will update as soon as you update your Ubuntu system.
How to Install Microsoft Teams from Microsoft Website?
If you don’t want to install Microsoft office from Command Line, you can try installing it from the Microsoft website also. Let us understand what you need to know about this.
Step 1: Open your browser.
Step 2: Visit Microsoft’s official download page or you can simply type teams.microsoft.com/download and visit.
Step 3: See the option to Download Teams for work on your desktop.
Step 4: Now, tap on Linux DEB (64 bit) button.
This way you are now done with downloading Microsoft Teams in your Ubuntu System. Now the next process is to install the teams.
Step 1: Go to your downloads and click on the file you downloaded.
Step 2: When you see the window, tap on Install.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Teams on Ubuntu. Now, you can launch teams and sign in with your cooperate mail account to have the option to create teams, schedule meetings, chat with teams, and more.