A secure password is very important if you are using a computer as it will protect your important data. So it’s very important to have a good and secure password if you don’t want to take risks for your personal files and personal data. And if you use a password to login to your PC you must make sure that you have a record of the password as if you lose the password, you will be locked out of your PC. But it happens many times when you just forget your admin password. In such a case, if you want to factory reset windows 10 in the absence of the admin password, there are proven ways to do so.
Below we are sharing a few foolproof ways that will help you Factory reset windows 10 without the admin password.
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Using the Login Screen
If you just lose the admin password of your Windows PC, you can easily reset windows 10 factory settings using the login screen.
- First of all, check the bottom right corner of your login screen. You will their many options with the help of which you can change the network settings, get access to the windows accessibility option, and also you will be able to shut down your PC. So if you want to rest your computer, you have to hold down the shift key that you will see on your keyboard. By holding the key, you have to press the restart option that you will find just under the shutdown option.
- Doing this will reboot your Windows 10. But you will not get loading the operating system as usual but you will see a boot options menu. There you will need to tap on the troubleshoot option to continue.
- Under the Troubleshoot menu, you will see the Reset this PC option, just tap on it.
- There you will options to either keep all your files or just remove all of them. If you want to save all of your files you have to tap on the keep my files option or if you don’t want to save them, just tap on the Remove everything option.
- After this, you will see that the reset process will start. You will see some more on-screen steps that you should follow to continue the process. As soon as the process is completed, you will easily be able to set up your windows PC using a new user account. By this, you can easily leave the old password completely that you have lost.
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Using Windows Installation
The method that you have read above was the easiest one. But in case your PC is facing issues, you might have decided to wipe the hard drive completely with the help of windows installation media in order to reinstall or just reset the windows. So this is how you have to do it.
- First of all, you have to open Rufus on your other windows PC only if you have the windows 10 ISO file and the tool named Rufus downloaded with you. Before doing this you have to keep it in your mind that you have selected your USB flash drive from the drop-down menu. Then you have to tap on the select button if you want to select the ISO file.
- After that, you have to choose the Windows 10 installation ISO file within the file selection menu and then you have to tap on the open option. The Rufus tool will change the settings in order to match the needs to flash a bootable USB windows installation drive. After you are done with settings, just press the start button in order to flash your drive. Doing this can remove all your files, so make sure you get back from all your needy data and files.
- The process will take some time to over. As soon as the Rufus has complete the flashing process with your USB drive, you should restart your PC in order to boot into the windows installation screen. There you will need to choose the language that is to be used during the installation process. There you have to choose the time and currency locale and the keyboard locale if you want to use it. As you are done there, just tap on the Next button.
- Then you have a tap on the install now an option in order to begin the installation process. Then the windows installation file will load. Now you will require a windows 10product key if you want to activate the installation. Then you have to type the key here. In case you don’t have a product key, you will need to type that I don’t have a product key option. In case you choose the option, there is a need to activate the windows as soon as the installation is over.
- In case you see the option is there, you have to choose the version of Windows 10 if you want to install it. After that, you will need to tap on the next
- In the next step, you will have to accept the Windows 10 license agreement and then you have to tap on the option I accept the license terms. Then just tap on the next option to continue. By doing this the installer will see a windows installation. If you have lost the password want to leave it back, you have to choose the custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option there. Here also you have to get a backup of your files as the process will wipe the files from your PC.
- Now you have to choose the drive in order to install windows in the next step. Then just choose the next option to continue. Now the windows will start removing files from your drive and then copying them to the new installation. Now the windows reboot will begin in the next step of the installation process. Then you will be able to create a new user account as soon as the installation is completed.
Now as you know the process of factory reset windows 10 without a password, you can use the methods to solve your problem.