The Xfinity Voice Remote permits you to discover what you need quicker by utilizing voice commands to change channels, search for shows, get recommendations, discover what song is playing on your TV screen and that’s just the beginning. In the event that you have Xfinity X1, you can use your voice to rapidly locate your preferred content, tune to channels, search and control your DVR.
The remote has multiple benefits including features like voice control, backlit keypad, aim anywhere feature, automatic pairing, and many more. You can also easily access to accessibility features like Closed Captioning, video description, and voice guidance. You may find a lot of remote controls of various types like XR11, XR5, XR2, XR15, etc.
While using these remote you may face some issues like pairing problems, buttons becoming unresponsive, etc.
Why Xfinity Voice Remote Not Working?
- One of the most common problems might be the device or the app you are using is not working and resulting in an error.
- You might not have made changes to the settings as per the box you have with you.
- The battery you are using with the remote might not be working.
- The remote might be having some physical damage and that’s why it’s not responding. The damage can be external and internal.
Now, as you know about the reasons why your Xfinity remote is not working, let’s understand the solutions that you can make for getting rid of the problem.
Ways to Fix Xfinity Remote Not Working Issue
As we stated earlier that the problem might be because of any physical damage or the batteries might have died. So before you start fixing the problem, check it and then follow the other methods below.
Checking the batteries is the initial step of looking for fixing the Xfinity remote not working problem. You must check if the batteries are dead, If yes, then charge them or replace them with the new batteries and then check if the Xfinity remote is working or not.
Check for Physical Damage
In case if there is any physical damage in the remote, it will not work anymore. So, check it before you move to any other step to fix the problem. Any physical harm can make serious internal damages to the sensitive electrical segments. In such a case, it is smarter to get another remote.
Reset the Remote
- Step 1: Long press the Xfinity button and i.
- Step 2: You will see a code on your TV screen.
- Step 3: Enter the code using your remote.
- Step 4: When you see a verification pop up, just press OK using your remote.
- Step 5: After that just follow the instructions as shown on the screen.
- Step 6: After the completion of the process check your Remote’s volume key, if the remote is working or not.
- Step 1: Press the button for Setup and hold the button until you see Greenlight.
- Step 2: Next, you have to press the button of 981 on the remote. Some models use the 991 in place of 981.
Reset Your Xfinity Box
If method 1 doesn’t work for you, you can try using the resetting option.
Step 1: Press the Reset button and hold it a few seconds. This option is good for short reset only.
Step 2: You also have the option of reseeding the box using the Xfinity My Account application. With the app, you can only long reset only.
If you want to use the services of Xfinity you need the remote. So, in case the remote start showing any error either you get it resolved or getting a new one will be the better option. If you want to resolve the same one. You can check the remote using the above-given solutions.