It’s quite easy to play games on steam using a PS4 controller. All you need to do is plug your controller into the PC and proceed. There is also an option to play it wirelessly and change the button mapping as your choice.
How to Use PS4 Controller on Steam
In this article below, you will get to know how you can use the PS4 controller on steam. Check how to use PS4 Controller on Steam.
How To Connect PS4 Controller with Steam
Connecting PS4 Controller to steam is easy but you have to get it confirmed that the steam client you have is of the latest version and then follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, you have to check that the PlayStation 4 consoles are unplugged. If it’s plugged, the controller will try to get connected with the console and not with your computer.
- Then, you have to open the steam on your computer.
- Now you should choose the steam that you see in the top left corner of the window. It will open a dropdown menu. From the menu, you have to select check for steam client updates
- You need to install the updates if available. After installing, the steam will start.
- Then, you should plug your PlayStation4 controller into the USP port on your computer.
- Now you have to choose some settings in the Steam client window. You have to choose the view option, then the settings and controller. After that just tap on the general controller settings.
- You will see your controller in the list of detected controllers. There will be a box beside PS4 configuration support. You have to check that box.
- You can also give a name to your controller from this screen only. Also, you can change the colors of the light you see on the controller and you can just toggle the rumble option on or off.
- Now, you have to tap on the submit option in order to save the changes you have made.
This is how you can connect a PS4 controller with steam and enjoy gaming.
Connect a PS4 Controller with Steam Wirelessly
There is also a method by which you can connect a PS4 Controller with Steam wirelessly. As you hold down the PS and Share buttons together on your controller, using the Bluetooth, your PC will detect it. If it doesn’t happen, you will need a PS4 Dualshock 4 wireless dongle to connect it wirelessly. Below are the steps that will help you connect the controller with steam wirelessly.
- First of all, you have to launch steam.
- Now, you have to plug the wireless dongle into the USB port of your computer.
- Then, you have to press the PS and share buttons together on the controller until you see the light starts flashing on the top.
- Now you have to see the device list. You will see the controller. When you see the controllers in the device list, you have to press the X button. This will activate the controller.
- Finally, you will need to press the button at the end of the dongle. You will see that it will start flashing.
This way you can also connect the PS4 controller on steam wirelessly. You can also easily navigate the steam with a PS4 controller. You can easily use the joysticks in the place of the mouse and also enable the trackpad of the controller. Now just enjoy using the PS4 controller with Steam.