Bingo is your go-to activity when you need to wind down after a tough week. The laid-back game is quite fun, and it isn’t all about luck or chance, as people will want you to believe. Since hanging out with friends on the weekends is a total bust during the pandemic, you can consider conducting and hosting online Bingo games.
How Does Online Bingo Game Work?
Here’s the quick guide.
- Talk to your friends and get them together. Create a group and inform everyone they have to create Bingo cards. It can be simple 5X5 cards with numbers randomly written on them. Also, it helps to decide whether you’ll play 75 ball Bingo or 90 balls Bingo.
- You can start a video calling session with your friends via Zoom, WhatsApp, Skype, or even Facebook Messenger Rooms. Regardless of the app or platform, you’re using, ensure all your friends can access it.
- Now that you’ve got your friends to join, you need to decide who will be the Bingo caller. There cannot be a Bingo game without someone calling out the numbers and checking if everyone has got the correct numbers crossed on their Bingo cards. Moreover, the Bingo caller must assume the additional role of announcing the winner.
- Start playing the Bingo game. As the caller calls out the numbers, the others cross them on their tickets. Whoever finishes crossing the numbers horizontally and vertically needs to shout BINGO! Then, the ticket must be held in front of the camera, and the caller must thoroughly check and confirm.
Sounds complicated, right? While conducting online Bingo nights with friends and family can be a lot of fun, it might not be feasible whenever you want. For example, your loved ones may have separate plans or commitments. Or, they might not be free when you’re planning to host the online game night. You can turn to downloading and installing online Bingo games in such situations. There’s no need to wait for your friends to join you, but you can play a game of Bingo with other online players.
While playing online bingo games, players have provided virtual cards or tickets. When the match starts, players see the Bingo ball appearing on the screen, and they come with a daub bonus timer. A new Bingo ball appears when the timer ends. Therefore, players need to quickly daub the number on their virtual tickets to make suitable formations and tap on the Bingo button once the pattern is formed. Since each match is time-oriented, players must attempt to score as much as possible. The player with the highest score will win the game.
However, before you start playing online Bingo, it is best to get familiarized with the Bingo rules. So read along to know them.
Online Bingo Game Rules
The rules of online Bingo are straightforward and easily understandable. There are three ways to win the game.
- If you’ve marked off a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line, it’s called one line win.
- If you’ve managed to mark off two complete diagonal, horizontal, or vertical lines, it’s called two lines win.
- It is a full house if you’ve marked off all the numbers.
Players win the game in the classic form of American Bingo or 75 ball Bingo by marking off five numbers in a line. It can be marked off diagonally, vertically, or horizontally. But there are several other winning patterns in the modern versions of the game. You need to follow the rules laid out at the start of the game and fill the required spaces to win.
The online Bingo games played in the modern era have a time constraint, and each match lasts for about ninety to one hundred and twenty seconds. Players earn points with every successful daub or hit on the virtual Bingo ticket. The quicker you can daub the number on your ticket, the higher your points are. If you can instantly daub the number, you’ll earn bonus points. However, an incorrect daub will result in a penalty.
Strategies To Win An Online Bingo Game
Most people will try to tell you Bingo is a game of pure luck or chance. But it isn’t so because you can do a few things to improve your winning chances.
- Carefully select the time to play online Bingo games. It is best to avoid participating in tournaments or playing battles during peak times. It would help if you played games when there’s less competition, so you have a better chance at winning.
- Practice games must be played several times before partaking in tournaments. These games are played for free and allow you to test your theories. For instance, you can practice the Tippett and Granville strategies and master them. It will help you better implement these tactics when playing to earn money.
- Try to daub the numbers as soon as you see them on your screen to earn bonus points and score more than your opponents.
Conducting a virtual Bingo night is exciting and doable but requires effort. Also, deciding the Bingo caller is a considerable task. If you’re not up for the challenge, go easy on yourself and play online Bingo games with real-life opponents. Then, start playing by installing the app, and there’s nothing else you need to do. The app takes care of it while concentrating on having a great time.