You can explore a lot of features on Netflix. These features make the experience better when you use Netflix. Among these features, the continue watching list is the most amazing one. This is nothing but a bar that helps you pick up the shows that you watched for some time and left. With this, you can get to know where you left the show or movie.
But sometimes you don’t want to see the bar ass don’t want anyone else to know that you have watched the show or movie without them. So if you accidentally watched any show without your partner, you need not worry anymore as Netflix now provides an option to remove items from the continue watching list from your mobile and desktop.
Below are some ways by which you can delete the titles or content from the continue watching list from Netflix mobile and desktop.
How To Remove Shows From Continue Watching On Netflix?
Netflix has come with a simple guide by which you can clean up the content from the continue watching list from your mobile application and desktop.
Delete the Continue watching list on Netflix on Your Mobile
- First of all, you have to select your own profile as you don’t just delete the shows from the continue watching list from somebody else’s profile.
- You will see a three dots sign below the title of the show.
- You have to tap on the three dots sign and tap on the option removed from the row.
- First of all, you have to choose your profile by using the more menu option.
- Then, you have to open the more menu up and choose the account to open it in your web browser.
- Then, you have to scroll down and check all the viewing activity. You will see the complete list of shows that you have watched. You can tap on the X option to delete them.
- If you are not interested to see any show in the continue watching list, you can just tap on the remove series option. You will also see an option to hide the complete series. You have to just scroll down and tap on the option hide all.
- The process will tape up to 24 hours to remove the series from all the devices.
- Finally, you can come back to your home page and see that the show or series you deleted is no longer available on the continue watching list on your device.
Delete the Continue watching list on Netflix on Your Desktop
- First of all, you have to select the profile name that you see in the top right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see all your viewing activities. You have to click on it. Here you will find the complete shows list that you have watched.
- If you want to delete them, you have to tap on the X button.
- In case you want to remove a complete show from the series, you can tap on the remove series option.
- Now check on the home page, if you find the show that you have deleted from the list.
This way you can remove the continue watching from Netflix.
Add a Profile on Netflix
Another way to manage the continue watching list on Netflix is that you can easily keep your viewing habits separated by using different profiles. So if you want to make your own continue watch list and don’t want to see anybody else’s continue watch series, you can add a profile to Netflix. See here the process by which you can manage profiles on your computer.
- You have to go to Netflix.com in the web browser that you are using and sign in.
- On the home screen, you will see movies and shows that are available to watch. You have to tap on the profile button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will see a drop-down menu, there tap on manage profiles.
- Tap on adding a profile button and type a name for the profile.
- Then at last tap on continue to save the changes and come back to the manage profiles section.
Deleting the continue watch list on Netflix is a little typical. You have to be very careful while using the steps mentioned above. It became very important to remove the continued watch list on your Netflix account if you have shared the account with your family or friend and you want some privacy from them. So there are a lot of ways you can do that. You can try the alternative method too which is somewhat different from the usual method. You can also delete the continue watching list on Netflix on your desktop. You can just try this method and in case of any further query, you can comment below in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
How do you get rid of shows on your continue watching list on Netflix?
If you want to delete a Netflix title from your continue watching list. You can just tap on the title and tap on the remove from the row option. It is more than simple. Just give it a try.
How long does it take for something to get off your continue watching on Netflix?
If you want privacy from your family or friends with whom you have shared your Netflix account, you have to remove the continue watching list from Netflix. But as soon as you shroud an action, the show or film will be erased from your Continue Watching area within 24 hours.
Why does Netflix keep saying continue watching?
As indicated by Netflix, the Netflix application poses this inquiry to keep clients from squandering transmission capacity by keeping a show playing that they’re not watching. Netflix likewise says this guarantees you don’t lose your situation in a series when you continue it.
Why is my continued watching on Netflix not updating?
In the event that the Netflix watch history isn’t refreshing instead of not appearing, at that point you can take a stab at clearing the whole watch history. A few clients have likewise said that for the Netflix application, basic reinstallation can fix this issue.
Where is viewing activity on Netflix?
In the upper right corner, drift over your record picture until the drop-down menu shows up. Snap record, and afterward, look down to the “my profile” area to choose “viewing activity.” It’ll load up a gigantic rundown of all the substance you’ve watched, and you can even decide to conceal things from your review history.
How does Netflix know I’m not watching?
Netflix gathers information from a Fitbit wellness GPS beacon to decide if a client is as yet watching or has nodded off. In the event that the client is napping, Netflix will turn down the sound and delay whatever the client is watching.